Portable fire extinguishers should be provided in the workplace as a means of giving building personnel a means of extinguishing or controlling a small fire. They are not designed to be used in an out of control fire situation e.g. where flames may be reaching the ceiling.
Government guidelines suggest that even one-room shops should have at least one fire extinguisher. We can carry out clear and efficient Fire Risk Assessments to give your specific business the correct advice with regards to what type and number of fire extinguishers you should have at your site.
FSE Fire Safety Systems Ltd. provide a complete range of Thomas Glover branded fire extinguishers from £14.99 (plus vat). These are supplied with five years warranty (parts and labour) CE marked and BS EN3:1996 kite marked.
We are also able to carry out maintenance and check-ups for your fire extinguishers. Basic servicing is required for all types of fire extinguisher on an annual basis.
There are many types of fire extinguisher, including:
- Automatic Fire Extinguishers - extinguishers that discharge when a source of heat is detected in plant room or confined space
- Chrome Fire Extinguishers - for use where aesthetics are important or corrosion resistance is require (marine/damp environments)
- CO2 Fire Extinguishers - for use in class B (flammable liquids) and electrical fires
- Dry Powder Fire Extinguishers - for class A, B, C and safe to use on electrical fires
- Dry Water Mist fire extinguishers – innovative new ‘all-in-one’ technology, for use on class A, B, C, E and F fires
- Foam (AFFF) Fire Extinguishers - for use on class A (carbonaceous materials) and Class B (flammable liquid) fires
- Water Fire Extinguishers - for class A (carbonaceous materials - wood, fabric, paper etc.) fires
- Wet Chemical Fire Extinguishers - for class A and class F (cooking oil & fat) - developed specifically to tackle deep fat fryer fires in commercial kitchens.
Although we have bases in Nottingham and Leicester, we have a National service engineering team available 24 hours a day for call out and refills which we are able to do on site.
All of our engineers are FIA trained (Fire Industry Association) and BAFE accredited (British Approvals for Fire Equipment). All our maintenance work is carried out in accordance with BS 5306 Part 3 & BS 5306 Part 8 guidelines.
Qualified engineering team
- Call 0115 981 2624 for Fire Extinguisher Sales
- Annual Fire Extinguisher servicing & maintenance contracts
- Fire Extinguisher Maintenance to BS 5306 Parts 3 & 8 guidelines
Please contact our customer services team for a free site survey or more information on 01159 812 624.