From bases in Nottingham & Leicester, FSE provide expertly delivered in-house training packages nationwide, at our customer’s premises, with programmes that will suit individuals/companies needs. All courses are totally unique and use not only practical hands on experience but also an interactive classroom questionnaire.
Important elements in our Fire marshal training course:
- Awareness of overall Emergency Fire Plan, understanding the company fire policies.
- Awareness of other individual’s roles and responsibilities as well as their own.
- Understand what information is required by the emergency services and pass any of this information on to the Senior Fire Marshall.
- Review of relevant points in the building
- Responsibilities towards ‘special needs employees and visitors’.
- Importance of monthly checks of fire fighting equipment and compiling information.
– Boundaries of each Marshal’s designated area
– Location of fire alarm call points
– Location and type of extinguishers in relevant areas
– Location of fire exits
– Location of meeting point outside the building
- Review of Responsibilities (What to do in the event of a fire).
– Sound the alarm upon discovering a fire
– Direct evacuees to nearest exit
– Walk through and check designated areas to ensure that the evacuation has been successful. Note any problems that will need to
be reported to the Senior Fire Marshal.
– Evacuate the building by the nearest fire exit, ensure evacuees proceed to their nearest designated assembly point and keep well
away from building exits.
– Reporting to the Senior Fire Marshal
– Complete relevant reports and record keeping
– Have the ability to identify any fire safety training needs and pass this information on to the Senior Fire Marshal in documented format.
– Practical use and demonstration in the use of fire extinguishers (if safe area to do so)
- An interactive computer programme is used to train students in a supportive and user-friendly way. The programme consists of about 40 questions, and offers prompts and advice during the test, and will even direct the student to the relevant reference material if necessary. A minimum score of 75% is required by each student to obtain their training certificate.
- Each course last 2 hours, with a maximum of 16 personnel per session.
To book fire marshal training, or any other fire training course for your company call us or fill in the contact form.